Common Ninja has a brilliant feature, which allows you to share and manage permissions for any and all of your plugins through one Dashboard.
PS: You can only share permissions with registered users of Common Ninja, regardless of their subscription. Before inviting someone who is not on the platform, advise them to first register and then send an invitation email.
- To manage permissions, click on your username at the top right corner of the screen and click Dashboard.
- You will be redirected to the main Dashboard, which is the same regardless of which plugin you are using. Hover your mouse on any of the plugins that you want to share. You will see 3 dots at the top right. Click the icon, and you will now see a drop-down menu. Click Permissions.
- You will see a popup window. Enter the email address of the user with whom you want to share access and assign the permission level. Click Send Invite.
It is important to understand the types of permissions, and their purpose:
- Editor - Your user can edit the plugin, and change several options and features, much like the owner access, and view the plugin.
- Analyst - Cannot edit any options nor access the editor, but can view the plugin, and the plugin analytics.
- Viewer - May see a private plugin (which is hidden from other users and from our public gallery).
- Once the invitation is sent, you will see it as pending approval:
- Your invitee will receive an email that looks like this. Tell them to click on the link.
- They will see a confirmation message that looks like this:
- Back in the Dashboard panel, when you click on Permissions, you will now see your invitee with their designated role.
- Once your invitee logs in, they will be able to see the plugin in the Shared Plugins tab of their dashboard.
This tutorial, as mentioned earlier, is the same across all plugins of Common Ninja. Hope that helps!