A standings table is a unique feature of Brackets Ninja that allows you to create a table displaying each participant with their game scores. In other words, this table displays ranks for each participant based on the games they have played, won and lost in the entire tournament.
This kind of table is mostly being used in round robin tournaments.
Here is how it works.
- To create a Standings table, head over to Settings, scroll down to Features and turn on Standings Table. The standings table menu will be shown in the bracket and you can view the table by clicking the link. Here is what the table looks like.
Let’s dive through each point carefully.
- Rank - 1 being the top, and as numbers increase, the ranks decrease, and vice versa.
- Participant - The name of each participant/player of the tournament
- P - Played. Total number of matches that the participant played.
- W - How many games did the participant win?
- T - How many games resulted in a tie?
- L - How many games did the participant lose?
- F - Points for (from score).
- A - Points Against (from score).
- Pts - Total points for the participant.
- + / - is the difference between Points For and Points Against. For Croatia, it is 2, which means (10 - 5) = 5. For Brazil it is -2 (8 - 10)
The standings table is a basic, yet excellent way for your users to know the rankings of each participant. All of this, at no additional work from your side! Instead of doing all the manual calculations on Excel by yourself, let Brackets Ninja help you out here :)