Weebly is a freemium website builder by Square and powers over half a million websites. While not a huge number, we at Common Ninja have ensured that your favorite plugins will work with Weebly websites.
In this tutorial, we will guide you step by step on how to add a plugin to your Weebly site:
1. First, you need to copy the widget’s HTML code. There are several methods to do so.
Method 1: From the Widget’s Editor
Once you’ve saved your widget, at the top right corner, to the left of the “preview” button, you will see the “Add to Website” button, represented by the “</>” symbol. Click on it.
Then, in the window that opens up, you will see the code. Simply click on the copy button next to it.
Method 2: From the Dashboard
From your user dashboard, find the widget you want to add to your website from within the “Widgets” tab. Next to it, and under the “Actions” heading (on the right side), you will see a purple button with “Add to Site” on it. Click on it.
A window will pop up, and here, simply click on the copy button next to the code to copy it.
- In your Weebly Site Dashboard, you will see an Embed Code option. Click and drag it to where you want your plugin to appear on the website.
- You will now see a Click to set custom HTML. Double tap the box and click Edit Custom HTML
- Now paste the plugin script here. You will see a loading icon.
- Once the plugin loads, you will be able to see the code successfully embedded on your Weebly website. As always, it is up to you to ensure that your website remains responsive for smartphones, by adjusting the size of the plugin through the drag and drop builders.
Please sign in to leave a comment.